The end is nigh. The end of my doing a post for every day of the year, that is!
Wow, and what a year has passed since I decided to take this project on. I will state, for the record, that it was hard… but had some open and well hidden rewards.
I leaned that…
- I have things I want to say that should not be constrained by prompt questions.
- I am sometimes bound by a failure to know how to best put into words that which is mulling in my mind.
- I can finish something, though it is on my terms.
- I got some great ideas about how to go about writing the novel I want to write.
- Some people worried about the honesty of the darker moments I wrote about.
- I know what things I should try next.
- Many other things that have slipped my mind
Thank you to all my new friends. I will continue to write here, but at a more comfortable pace that is more dictated by my wants and thoughts and less by the daily prompts.
The very first post is here.
“In literature and in life we ultimately pursue, not conclusions, but beginnings.”
~ Sam Tanenhaus, Literature Unbound