My life would be easier if….
You know, I have had a super easy life. I was born to parents with above world average wealth in a third world country. My biggest hardships are first world ones;
- Being sexually abused by an employee of my parents as a small child – but I was raised with enough confidence that I alone nipped those attempts in the bud. n.b. This is the first time I have made this public like this.
- Navigating hate when moving to the USA – for me it built a certain aspect of my character and included a willingness to be kind and stand up to bullies.
- My scandalous parents divorce – hey, I had together parents for a while it makes for an interesting story.
- Animal rights people hate me because of my father bullfights. I have been spit on because of this. Makes me hate fundamentalist type activists of any kind.
- High-risk pregnancy – I had access to quality medical care.
- A preemie in NICU – the decision to have him get last-rites was the hardest I have ever had to make but still, he had access to quality medical care and had a real good chance of making it.
- Cancer – it was low stage and easily treatable and again, I had access to medical care.
So what would make it easier? I don’t know that in my mind that is even a truly viable alternative. Or is it?
Nah, I can’t ask to have it all any easier than I have had it.
“Everybody was sorry. Sorry was easy. Sorry was for suckers.”
~ Gretchen McNeil