What makes me feel most alive?
- Intellectual conversations
- My family, when we are being nice
- When I’m on an adventure
- When I’m being civilly disobedient
- A good “o”
- When I notice my synesthesia (smells have colors)
- Laughing with Squink
- New places
- The desert after a rainstorm
A friend once told me the terrible/uncomfortable/chaotic things are what makes them feel alive. I suppose those do too… but it’s a different kind. The kind that makes one realize there is both a cavernous canyon and an slim invisible line between wanting to die and wanting to kill yourselves (thankfully *knock-on-wood* I’ve never felt the later)… that’s not alive, that’s more like not dying.
“You’re playing with fire,” she warned him. “That’s how I know I’m alive.”
~ Neil Gaiman, Unnatural Creatures